Our focus is providing services for adults of all ages in their home and community. ACT provides a coordinated system of supports centering around the individual, designed to facilitate each person’s choice to live, work, learn, and actively participate with non-disabled peers in the community. Services are provided based on the needs of the individuals.
ACT offers a variety of Community Living Services:
- Individuals live and receive needed supports in the household of their choice which might include their family home, an apartment, condominium, or house in community settings typical of non-disabled peers.
- Individual preferences and desires of consumers are respected. Personal independence is promoted while individuals receive services and participate in the planning, operation and evaluation of services. The individual’s self-direction and control leading toward independence are maximized through services provided.
- Existing natural supports, paid and unpaid, are maximized from the community at large.
- Training focuses on acquiring skills to live in the community.
- Services are “outcome” focused, addressing the quality of life being experienced in the present life style. Services provided are based on individual needs and goals are directed toward participation in the life of one’s own community.
- Individuals can live in any home or apartment in the community as long as it is within their means. Generally, individuals benefits and/or income should cover their Room and Board costs (rent, groceries, utilities, etc).
- Staffing patterns are established around the needs of the individual. Staffing should be appropriately matched for the needs identified in the ISP plan, with adjustments made accordingly.
- All budgets require approval from the funding source.
- ACT generally supports one to three individuals in a home although ISL’s can support up to four unrelated people according to state waiver definitions.
- Each ISL should be based on the needs of the individuals residing in the home. While all homes will be required to meet all mandated rules and regulations, each home should be uniquely designed and staffed to ensure the satisfaction of each individual along all stakeholders, along with ensuring the safety of each person and community citizens.